Sunday, September 16, 2007

Will the “Real” Survivors Please Stand Up


I watched a program which showed how there are refugees from Africa that are in need of help. I began to reflect on the turmoil the people from Africa have suffered over the years. I began to wonder are the people surviving. Yet, I read information on the internet which shows the total population of Africa is estimated to be at 888 million people. The population is growing rapidly and some project it to grow to 1 Billion by 2015.

Over the years, many in the population have survived famine, droughts, wars, Aids and corrupt governments. Yet, the people on that continent continue to grow.

I began to wonder whether I could overcome such obstacles and continue to grow in my life. Sometimes, the things that I face in my everyday life weary me. However, when I think about how I overcome life’s challenges, I remember that I don’t go through trials and tribulations by myself. When I face obstacles, I remind myself of Romans 8:31-37,

31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

I can overcome all things reminding myself that I am more than a conqueror. I am a survivor.

Remain overcomers by trusting in God.

God Bless Everyone,

Jenean
Designs by Jenean

1 comment:

Brenda. said...

Wow! I love that!
By the way, you are tagged! Please check out my blog to see what to do next. Have a great day!

Brenda
http://brendascreations.blogspot.com