Time seems to get away from us because we are so busy. When we wake up in the morning we have a list a mile long of things that need to be accomplished that day. We can stay so busy with the things on the list that we may not take time to consider what’s going on with others outside of the things on the list.
I received a little tap on the shoulder the other day while surfing on Etsy forums. Etsy has teamed up with Rape Response Services, http://www.raperesponseservices.org, to raise awareness and money for an important cause. Here are a few facts from the website.
* Anyone can be a victim of sexual violence. Age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and size do not matter. Victims come from all different backgrounds.
* Most often, sexual violence happens between people who know each other. The perpetrator may be a friend, family member, spouse, or dating partner.
* Both men and women can be raped. No one ever asks for or deserves to be raped.
* Rape is not an act of overwhelming love or passion; it is an act of VIOLENCE. Rape is a crime that is punishable by law.
* A large number of sexual assaults involve the use of alcohol or other drugs.
* Incest is the most common form of sexual violence.
* Alcohol, drugs, manipulation, and/or coercion are used more often than physical force in order to get a victim to comply.
* You have the right to work and/or go to school in an environment free from sexual harassment. Your employer or school can be held liable for failing to take appropriate steps to ensure this.
* Victims are not chosen because of their age, the way they look, or what they wear. They are chosen because of their perceived vulnerability or the perpetrator’s opportunity.
* Rape is the most under-reported violent crime in the United States.
Visit the site for more information.
Designs by Jenean is donating a portion of the proceeds of the sale of two watches to a great cause through Hope and Healing. To find all the listings from other members on Etsy, search for the term/tag hopeandhealing.
God Bless Everyone