Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Try, Try Again

I took a class to learn how to bead crochet. It felt so awkward using this new technique. I was sitting in front of the finished products and I wanted mine to look like the ones that were hanging there. Realistically I knew that wasn't going to happen right away. But for some reason, it made me feel a little frustrated when I began the crochet beading technique.

Later, I began to think back on when I was raising my son. I remember when he learned how to walk. Boy was that awkward. He would fall but he would get back up and try again. The next thing I knew he was running all around the house.

I remember when he learned to ride a bike, it was again, awkward, he fell at times but he kept getting back up and trying again and again until he got it right.

I remembered when he learned how to write and how awkward it was for him. His letters were huge and some were even backwards. None of the words ever came out on a straight line. Nevertheless, he kept trying until it became easy and more developed.

Remembering all of these events and the struggle it took to master them, I know that this new technique that I'm learning will take that same try, try again attitude. My instructor suggested taking a little time each day to practice and I'm going to take her up on her advice. To put a little pressure on myself, I’m posting a picture of my first attempt to bead crochet. I will post a finished product at a later date.

God Bless Everyone,
Jenean

No comments: